[Marxism] Gay Patriotism: Repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Dan Russell proletariandan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:57:47 MDT 2009

A key (Marxist) reason for fighting for equal marriage rights or
military rights or any rights - EQUALITY - whether or not we agree
with the institutions, is to undermine the divisions that capitalism
has placed amongst working class people based on sexual orientation
(or race or gender or nationality or immigration status, etc) and help
advance the CLASS struggle. This seems pretty basic to me, although
the ultra-left have a hard time understanding a lot of basic Marxist
principles.