[Marxism] Internationale in Irish

Matt Kelly a.marxist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:07:16 MDT 2009

Dúirt Paddy Apling:

> That links to some excellemt stuff, leading to other excellent Gaelic
> renderings of ?r?
> s ? do bheatha 'bhaile - of which I would love to have a translation
> of the
> words into English

In that case, take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Or%C3%B3_S%C3%A9_do_Bheatha_%27Bhaile#English_translation

MATT.
---
'In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she
receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons
her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom.' Proclamation of
Independence, 1916.

'The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on
the brain of the living.' Karl Marx, 1852.

a.marxist at gmail.com