[Marxism] Internationale in Irish

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at freenet.de
Mon Oct 19 13:08:13 MDT 2009

Paddy Apling wrote:
> That links to some excellemt stuff, leading to other excellent Gaelic
> renderings of óró
> s é do bheatha 'bhaile - of which I would love to have a translation of the
> words into English, knowing no Gaelic,

A lovely song - but nevertheless a Jacobite song in support of Bonnie
Prince Charlie, i.e. supporting the counter-revolution in Britain. It
was the bane of the Irish in the period after the definitive conquest of
the country under Elizabeth I/James I & VI that those struggling to
reverse the conquest were allied with European reaction for almost 200
years.

Einde O'Callaghan