[Marxism] Is this what Ho Chi Minh died for?

Nestor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:46:36 MDT 2009

Not just happy news allowed here, of course.

Almost all news coming from the US of Am are dismaying, for instance.

And I not only don´t "censor" them, I also expect you comrades to give
me the non-standard view of the US of Am.

The standard view being that of the NYT, and similar pages, I would
expect same level of critical understanding when it comes to other places.

I am no Stalinist cheerleader, by the way. I simply said that whatever
the NYT brings as news from the whole world, both USA and abroad, must
be taken with more than a grain of salt. Maybe with a full trainload of it.

Marxmail is an excellent provider of such ingredient when it comes to
the US of Am, but not as good one when it comes to Eastern and South
Eastern Asia. Which I deplore. I am not suggesting bad things don´t take
place. I am just suggesting that some very bad things don´t take place
any more, and that those were the things Ho fought against. He was a
concrete man, not a dreamer. Napoleon was also a concrete man when he
gave Louisiana to the US. He knew that in the future this might become a
very bad thing for the European bourgeoisies, but his interest was to
defeat England. And you must judge him around that objective, not other
issue.

What about trying to see what is General Giap thinking about the current
developments in Viet Nam, for instance? I don´t know a word about his
views. And I would expect Marxmail to bring them nearer to me.

As for the NYT, I have the mainstream press in my own country, and thus
I would place it on the "noise" side of the sound/noise ratio of the list.

Unless we believe that the main speaker for the US imperialist
bourgeoisie does not have a political turn in both the kind of info it
provides and the way it deals with it.

Which I am certain neither Louis nor you, S. Artesian, believe.

Well, be consequent then with what you believe.