[Marxism] Is this what Ho Chi Minh died for?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 23 16:12:41 MDT 2009

Nestor Gorojovsky wrote:
> As for the NYT, I have the mainstream press in my own country, and thus
> I would place it on the "noise" side of the sound/noise ratio of the list.
>
> Unless we believe that the main speaker for the US imperialist
> bourgeoisie does not have a political turn in both the kind of info it
> provides and the way it deals with it.

Of course the NYT has an ideological agenda. An article like this on
Vietnam is intended to put a smile on the face of hedge fund managers
and CEO's of multinational corporations. It boosts their morale just as
the occasional article on a workers struggle in France boosts ours and
puts a frown on the face of the enemy class.

That, btw, is the reason that I don't think the NYT or the Washington
Post will ever go out of business. They are essential reading for the
bourgeoisie. They need to keep track of what is going on in the world
and we benefit from the reportage.