[Marxism] Is this what Ho Chi Minh died for?

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 07:18:37 MDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Fred Feldman <ffeldman at bellatlantic.net>wrote:

> Dennis Brasky goes over the top in      accusing Nestor of "political
> cowardice" not agreeing with him and others who seem to argue that the
> emergence of golf courses in Vietnam (related to the emergence of a new
> rich
> layer and to the importance of tourism for the Vietnamese economy)
> represents the defeat of everything Ho Chi Minh fought for.

reply -

Cowardice is the avoidance of discussing the issue with the lame excuse that
it was covered in the bourgeois media. I did not say or imply that Vietnam
was now a capitalist state because of its golf courses, but objected to the
sweeping of the issue under the rug simply because the NY Times had a story
about it.  I don't think that the Vietnamese people have anything to fear
from our "defeatist spirit"and "hysterical tone", or the attempts by some to
live in denial.