[Marxism] Post

Tom Cod tcod at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 15:29:11 MDT 2009

right and this hyper-correct argument gets twisted even more by sectarians when it is directed at movements of the oppressed or movements objectively in support of them.  Thus some, instead of showing solidarity, insolently ranted and raved at Quakers protesting the Christmas bombing of Vietnam since "marxists" don't do that or support milquetoast pacifism that "opposes war in general".  But were the Quakers in that instance opposing war in general and if they were, in what specific context were they doing it?  Moreover, unlike their sectarian critics, at least they were doing something besides heaping derision and mockery on the peoples struggle in the manner of snide rich schoolboys and their little intellectual games which shows, to borrow a phrase from Bob Avakian, "their utter rightism".