[Marxism] Fwd: [A-List] Why the international media lies aboutevents in Latin America

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 09:47:35 MDT 2009

What of the below submitted by Nestor  has anything to do with the
precipitating elements of the thread-- namely the moderator's posting of a
piece on golf-course proliferation in Vietnam and Nestor's "hear no evil,
speak no evil, see no evil" admonition based on the fact that the New York
Times is a newspaper of, by, and for the bourgeoisie?

Nobody is asking anyone to suspend critical evaluation of information
appearing in any newspaper, journal etc.  The cowardice comes into play when
such critical evaluation is avoided, evaded.  The cowardice comes into play
when into abstract posturing about "trust/no trust" is substituted for
concrete evaluation.

Let me ask Nestor again-- should we disregard the information about the lead
poisoning of thousands of children in China because the information has
appeared in the bourgeois press?