[Marxism] Paul LeBlanc: Why I Am Joining the ISO

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 29 21:45:05 MDT 2009

All that's fine, actually not, but you make an accusation, disparaging some
on the list for holding to certain aspects that Marx clearly developed, and
then when challenged, you provide not a shred of evidence.

No, I don't think Marx established a science of economics.  Marx analyzes
the basis for the social overthrow, overcoming, of economics.  But that
overthrow just doesn't drop out of thin air.  It develops out of the real
contradictions of capital-- between use and exchange value, between means
and relations of production, between and in the exchange of itself with
wage-labor.

I don't know how anyone can say that the core of Marx's work is in his
critique of political economy, but then not actually use the elements of
that critique to analyze what historically takes place, and worse, make
accusations against those who do use that critique to explicate the movement
of capital.