[Marxism] ISO

Thomas Bias biastg at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:02:23 MDT 2009

Unfortunately, my experience coincides more or less with David's. I
have had some friendly dialogue with ISO members and worked very well
with Sharon Smith to build the Trotsky legacy conference, but some
years ago I inquired about joining and was ignored. I attended one of
their educational conferences with my daughter, who was 15 y.o. at
the time (she is 20 now), and it seemed they would rather we did not
come. They were not very open to us, and they didn't even know me or
my politics. My daughter did not want to stay for the final rally,
and we did not. I was in touch with a young ISO member at Rutgers and
having good political discussion with him, but then he abruptly quit
the ISO and joined Solidarity!

TB