[Marxism] Paul LeBlanc: Why I Am Joining the ISO

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Oct 30 09:23:46 MDT 2009

S. Artesian wrote:
> Sounds like an accusation to me-- I think it's that part about "building
> huge fantasies...that are little better than establishment econ"  that does
> it for me/

i know, but his tone is no more challenging than yours with Nestor and
vice versa.

i'll let Carrol speak for himself. but i do subscribe to the point of
view he outlined. at the same time, i am happy to hear arguments about
Marx and FROP, Marx and the theory of revolution, Marx and XXXX, if
someone wants to argue that Marx's writings apply to X, Y, or Z. but i
see no problem in attempting to establish limits on what a Marxist
theory does and does not apply to. it is traditional and expected in the
classical sciences, for example, to attempt to establish the boundaries
of one's theories, and to indicate when one is attempting extrapolation
beyond those bounds. i am also ok with moving the boundaries around.

Les