[Marxism] email formats and Yahoo mail

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 30 10:10:10 MDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> There is a simple solution if you are using Yahoo (or any mail client that
> doesn't wrap the text before sending it). Just type the way you used to
> with a typewriter! When you get about 2/3 of the way through a line (or
> some other arbitrary point), hit carriage return (aka "Enter") to go to the
> next line. It's the way we always used to type, remember?! If you have
> trouble remembering to do that, tape a piece of paper over the right side
> of your screen, or simply move the window you're typing in so the right
> side of it is off the screen. You'll get used to hitting carriage return
> real fast (and then you'll also be ready to go back to a typewriter! One
> WITH a carriage!).

While we are on the topic of formatting, I have huge problems with
Thunderbird's ability to display the text you are replying to,
when it originates from a yahoo account. For example, when I
replied to Ken Morgan's post earlier, I had to override the
'reply' function just to see what he wrote. I would strongly urge
comrades to dump yahoo if only for the purpose of making it easier
to have a dialog.

Here is the gmail account subscription page:

http://mail.google.com/mail/