[Marxism] email formats and Yahoo mail

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Fri Oct 30 13:01:44 MDT 2009

 > I am really against HTML email (especially if it is JUST to accommodate
 > yahoo!), though I don't want to make a big deal about it because people
 > will call me "stone aged" etc.

   Count me as against HTML e-mail. It's not only the spam part, but the
security aspect. Many spams will include URLs to display graphics and
embedded in those URLs often is a hex string universal ID of your e-mail
address; this way the spammers can verify that you're actively reading
their spam, and thus marking you as a "live one" to send you more.

 > It's the way we always used to type, remember?!

   I've found an increasing amount of young people were never taught how to
type. It's sort of like penmanship now; you're taught the bare basics, but
the topic is never taught as a discipline so the student learns it on their
own to a "good enough" standard and never masters the task.

--
"The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he
must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money." -- Karl