[Marxism] Fw: Honduras

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 16:08:33 MDT 2009

Here are the terms of the accord as reported by Upside Down World:

a.. Creation of a government of national reconciliation that includes
cabinet members from both sides
a.. Suspension of any possible vote on holding a Constitutional Assembly
until after Jan. 27, when Zelaya's term ends
a.. A general amnesty for political crimes was rejected by both sides
a.. Command of the Armed Forces to be placed under the Electoral Tribunal
during the month prior to the elections.
a.. Restitution of Zelaya to the presidency
a.. Creation of a Verification Commission to follow up on the accords,
consisting of two members of the OAS, and one member each from the
constitutional government and the coup regime
a.. Creation of a Truth Commission to begin work in 2010
a.. Revoke sanctions against Honduras following the accords

http://upsidedownworld.org/main/content/view/2189/68/

So... no constituent assembly, at least not for 3 months, but hold on... we
will give you electoral tribunals, truth commissions, a verification
commission that will include members of the coup regime...  in short, we
will give you the full dose of electoral cretinism, and you can call that a
great victory.