[Marxism] Fw: Honduras

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 30 16:19:20 MDT 2009

S. Artesian wrote:

> So... no constituent assembly, at least not for 3 months, but hold on... we
> will give you electoral tribunals, truth commissions, a verification
> commission that will include members of the coup regime...  in short, we
> will give you the full dose of electoral cretinism, and you can call that a
> great victory.

One other thing to keep in mind. The USA intervened in this conflict
through the use of sanctions, a measure that it brandishes against Iran
and other "rogue states". In general, this measure is just another way
of imposing imperialist will on its enemies. It is entirely possible
that it intervened on behalf of Zelaya in order to refurbish a badly
tarnished image, in order to set a precedent for future interventions
elsewhere. In other words, it needs the moral capital to move against
Iran, North Korea, Cuba et al. Clinton pulled this shit when he sent
marines into Haiti in order to protect the innocent.