[Marxism] Is the Pope a Marxist?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Oct 31 05:26:37 MDT 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:48:49 -0700 (PDT) Scott Hamilton
<shamresearch at yahoo.co.nz> writes:
> http://readingthemaps.blogspot.com/2009/10/is-pope-marxist.html

Well, reading the piece, I guess the answer is no, he is
really a Heideggerian, which I had suspected all along,
anyway.  And that would explain why he can be appreciative
of thinkers like Horkheimer and Adorno, since they
too (while being Marxists) were also very much influenced
by Heidegger.  Also, those who are interested in that
sort of thing might want to look into Ratziner's dialogs
with Juegen Habermas.

Jim F.