[Marxism] Gore Vidal in the Atlantic

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 31 16:36:46 MDT 2009

What are we to make of Alex Cockburn?  Same thing. Essentially  nostalgic
for an era that never really existed-- "direct democracy,"  the innate
decency of a "jury of one's peers" etc. etc. An archaic remnant of previous
era, and as such, destined to become more and more reactionary.

Yeah, Vidal spoke out against the cops in 1968-- big deal, so did Abraham
Ribicoff and from the podium of the convention.  Are we supposed to get all
misty-eyed over that 41 year old stance?