[Marxism] Long posts not allowed??

Ambrose Andrews ambrose-bulk at vrvl.net
Wed Sep 2 00:03:16 MDT 2009

> Patrick Bond wrote:
>> I'm voting, as usual, for full posting of articles - copyrights be damned.

I agree, generally the burden of requiring *interactive* getting (by
web) of things in the context of poor connectivity is greater than the
burden of getting a large amount of redundant, but easily ignored
plain text, even in that same context.

2009/9/1 Les Schaffer <schaffer at optonline.net>:

> i can think of two or three solutions to this problem...
>
> 1. a separate companion list for news and forwards

I forsee a lot of confusion and peopl eforwarding to the long list and
a lot of reminders and reinforcements being required to make this
work.

> 3. Mailman has a "Topics" feature which is currently disabled, see
> details below. if everyone who forwarded would put a keyword like [fwd]
> or [news-item] in their subject line,  i think we could handle this.

That might be the most realistic solution, and the easiest to teach
people to conform to.

  -AA.

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Acton ACT 0200 Australia
mailto:ambrose at vrvl.net
voicemail:+61_261112936
work:+61_261256749
mobile:+61_415544621
irc:{undernet|freenode|oftc}:znalo
xmpp:ambrose at jabber.fsfe.org
skype:znalo7
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54  E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823
556A 6D19 0904 827C 9DB8  3697 32D0 1E11 403F 2BE1