[Marxism] Even Japan? Re: China's high speed rail plans

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 2 09:34:33 MDT 2009

And while we're at it, while we're passing out the bromides, let's not
forget the kudos to the USSR, which, despite the devastation executed  by
the Nazis -- a devastation from which the USSR despite strenuous efforts was
never to fully overcome-- the USSR in its victory, and in its desire to
create a "buffer" between itself and the predations of Western militarism,
so scared the bourgeoisie that it MUST have stimulated, precipitated, caused
the Marshall Plan, and the rebuilding of Western Europe...

Of course that the rebuilding, as credited to the USSR,  actually
strengthened Western militarism, increased the strength of the bourgeoisie,
and eventually led to the collapse of the USSR is a mere technicality.

Hmmh.... we might just have stumbled upon the real function of the
bureaucratic deformations/degenerations of social revolution in the
capitalist world order:  prompt the bourgeoisie to redevelop, restrengthen,
reunify, recapitalize-- kind of like a TARP program for the bankers'
bankers. at the expense, bought and paid for, of and by the prospects for
international revolution.

Is that what you mean, Nestor?