[Marxism] The Boston Globe on radical films

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Sep 5 17:43:02 MDT 2009

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 19:13:18 -0400 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:

> I don't know how many comrades have watched Godard movies, which are
>
> admittedly an acquired taste. When I went to see "Weekend" with a
> couple
> of Trotskyists in 1969, one fell asleep. For my money, this is one
> of
> the greatest movies of all time, leaving aside the radical nihilism
> that
> upset so many people at the time.

"La Chinoise" can be viewed in its entirety on YouTube in ten segments
at:
http://tinyurl.com/n8n5ft

Alas, YouTube only has clips from "Weekend."

However, Godard's 1966 film, "Masculin Feminin,"
which did not get any mention in the Globe article,
is available on YouTube in ten segments starting at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWpkEu2JR0c