[Marxism] Good critique of Walter Benn Michaels's NLR article

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:08:18 MDT 2009

I am sorry but that is not a good critique of Benn Michaels.  Like yours
Louis it too is filled with strawperson arguments based on things that he
never said.  I am not going to get into specifics of his arguments, which I
personally think he does not present very well, because it is clear that
most are unable to maintain simple reading comprehension whenever someone
mentions race and gender.  A good critique would take what he actually says
and show how some of it is empirically wrong and politically a bad tactic.
I have yet to read such a critique and zero interest in writing it.

Brad