[Marxism] Tweaking of DNA dating on human evolution

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Sep 6 16:48:57 MDT 2009

On Sep 6, 2009, at 6:01 PM, Mark Lause wrote:

> * our African ancestral mother, "the mitochondrial Eve lived around
> 110-130,000 years ago, rather than 150,000-200,000 years ago.

I have no idea how solid this idea of a  "mitochondrial Eve" is.
However, assuming that it is valid, what follows is that at some time
in the evolution of *homo sapiens sapiens* there occurred such an
enormous catastrophe that in the whole world only one *hss* couple
survived, and so all the races have descended from that couple.  This
survivor event must have been so awesome that it's memory would have
been conserved in story and legend by the survivors, and handed down
as their most precious possession to their offspring.  It is therefore
of the greatest significance that so many "primitive" peoples have
preserved the memory of their original ancestors, the single couple
that survived a world-destroying catastrophe!  Not to mention the
"advanced" Christians, Jews, and Muslims who likewise trace their
descent to a single couple--but have transfigured memory into
"apocalyptic" texts that project the original catastrophe as a future
"Day of Judgment."

Shane Mage