[Marxism] Tweaking of DNA dating on human evolution

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:14:40 MDT 2009

If there are two discussions going on here, let's  separate them and
do one at a time.  I'm quite happy to discuss catastrophes, but they
have no more to do with mitochondrial DNA.\ than changing tires on a
bus....

Every act of reproduction loses the mitochondrial DNA coming through
the father's side.  It doesn't matter how many kids the couple has,
the father isn't contributing anything that can convey his mother's
mitochondrial DNA into the process.  It's is always lost. No matter
how many times you try.  Then, too, you have to consider how few kids
are going to make it to breeding age.  An easily neglected factor
today, perhaps.

Still, what's being questioned here is the process of how this came to
be.  Those of us addressing this may or may not be explaining that in
a way that those uncomfortable with it can understand it.

But the outcome is what it is.  We share the identifiable traits of a
common female ancestor who lived in Africa at a certain period of
time.

If there's an alternative explanation that doesn't involve ouija
boards and channeling, I've never heard it.

ML