[Marxism] What to do?

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:07:36 MDT 2009

Bhaskar Sunkara<bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brad is completely right in noting that a worker's movement would have
> to avoid coalitions
> with capitalist forces and must avoid governing the bourgeois state.
> Instead the party would have
> to be what Kautsky called one of "principled, sustained opposition".

Yes, Bhaskar, following your inconsistencies on these things again
confuses me.  Didn't you support Obama and the Democrats because all
other alternatives were pointless?  How does that jibe with what
you're now advising?

And I'm absolutely befuddled by this discussion between you and brad
about avoiding "coalitions"?  Are you all equating this term with an
alliance to the capitalist formations?  Because, if you are, you're
using the term incorrectly.

And if you mean that progressive organizations shouldn't combine and
function in coalitions, you're simply wrong.

ML