[Marxism] Rosa Lichtenstein vs. Andrew Kliman on dialectics

Dogan Gocmen dgn.gcmn at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:18:04 MDT 2009

"So the contradiction consists of an ATTEMPT (and thus it is a matter of
consciousness, not just linguistic function) to identify something that does
not identify it. Instead of being identified, the something is being
assigned predicates, none of which serve to identify it. If I’m not
mistaken, Hegel believes that this is endemic to the propositional form
itself, and thus that the propositional form is incapable of expressing
“truth” (understood in a special technical sense here; Hegel is aware that
the rose is in fact red.)."

It is good that Mrs Lichtenstein gets some teaching in dialectics by Andrew
Kliman. I hope she finally understands what she tries to write about.
-----
Dogan Göcmen
(http://dogangocmen.wordpress.com/)
Author of The Adam Smith Problem:
Reconciling Human Nature and Society in
The Theory of Moral Sentiments and Wealth of Nations, I. B. Tauris,
London&New York 2007