[Marxism] Marx/Hegel

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:57:07 MDT 2009

To be frank, this really sounds like an invitation to a silly
discussion.  The simple fact is that people are different.  And lhow
they approach things may change.

Marx or Hegel or any other writer may connect with different
individuals.  And they will often do so differently lfor different
people...or the same person at different times.

One of the things I wanted to do when I returned to school was to read
Hegel I didn't find it a waste of time, and often found myself
laughing a great deal at the massively long sentences and tortured
formulations...deliberately so.  But these weren't without their
enlightening qualities as well.

If someone finds aspects of Marx's dialectical method hard to follow,
they should try to read some else's presentation of it.  There's no
reason that, for some, Hegel can't make the connections.

ML