[Marxism] Source and correction for a Marx quote

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Thu Sep 10 16:03:02 MDT 2009

   I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to whack me with a
clue-bat. I recall a Karl Marx quote about atheism, which went something
like this: The greatest service that we can render to God is to make
atheism a compulsory religious dogma.

   Or something along those lines. Is anyone familiar with it? If so, can
you tell me what text that came from and also perhaps the exact quote?

 Thanks in advance.

--
"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." -- Napoleon