[Marxism] India: An Update from Lalgarh

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:58:37 MDT 2009

Ragesh Roy wrote:

"my remark was a criticism of Maoist violence in Bengal, and their
opportunistic alliance with Mamta Banerjee against the CPI(M).. I
support the CPI(M).. over the last five days, about 15 people
including CPI(M) cadre have been murdered by these petty criminals who
dream of bringing revolution to India through cold-blooded murder.."

Comrade Roy, thank you for this clarification.

However, if we are to engage in a debate that consists of an exchange
"sound-bite" e-mails, then my response is simply to urge you to
re-consider your support for the CPI(M).

You must surely recognize that the Trinamool is dialectically "a
rightward negation" of the politics of CPI(M), born in the womb of
Nandigram and Singur.  Have we forgotten those massacres?  Thus, the
CPI(M) is itself the party responsible for the emergence of Trinamool
in the first instance.

By the way, what you refer to as the "ultra-left" is in point of fact
a heterogenous political formation, contrary to the CPI(M) line.

epoliticus

--
"In the tender annals of Political Economy, the idyllic reigns from
time immemorial ... the present year of course always excepted."

http://epoliticus.wordpress.com/