[Marxism] Protest gay marriage at HRC Twin Citiies dinner

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Sep 12 14:28:53 MDT 2009

David Thorstad wrote:
> I do hope the liberal leftists on the list who support marriage, hate
> crimes laws, and gays in the imperialist military won't accuse these
> same-sexer antimarriage protesters of being "right-wing," as a few have
> accused me of being for opposing those things (bizarrely labeled
> "democratic demands").

David, you should tell these folks to make a stink out of Human Rights
Campaign cozy relations with Chevron. Chevron might be for "diversity"
in their workplace, but what good is that if it is at the expense of
Ecuadorian victims of their toxic spills. This is from the Chevron website:

Human Rights Campaign Recognizes Chevron

The Human Rights Campaign Foundation awarded Chevron a perfect score on
its Corporate Equality Index for the fourth consecutive year. The
foundation rated nearly 600 businesses on their policies and treatment
of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) employees, consumers
and investors. Chevron’s nondiscrimination policies, domestic-partner
benefits, diversity training and PRIDE (Promote Respect, Inclusion and
Dignity for Everyone) employee network were all factors in the 100
percent rating, recognizing Chevron as a best place to work. The Human
Rights Campaign is the largest U.S. civil rights organization working
toward GLBT equality.