[Marxism] Residents -- not citizens -- are what count for us

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 12 19:34:55 MDT 2009

Mark Lause wrote:

> I agree that the way this question is formulated it restricts its
> concerns to "citizens"--which, through much of history, means almost
> only white and only men--which minimizes the answers in many ways.

Even if we can't maintain the old slogan, Workers have no country, we
can at least refrain in our language from the glorification of
"citizens" as opposed to _residents_. Our constituency is all residents
of the U.S. and the legal matter of ciizizenship is irrelevant. Don't
even use the word. Use "residents" instead even in casual conversation.

Open Borders!

A left that can't maintain that slogan isn't a left -- it's a bunch of
do-gooders.

Carrol