[Marxism] Venezuela to go nuclear: US upset (of course).

Nestor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:03:02 MDT 2009

There´s something else, and I think that this "something else" is what
upsets pundits at Washington.

No scientific development is, in or for itself, peaceful or warlike.

The development of nuclear science and techniques has an implication,
that a given coutry MAY, if need be, develop its own nuclear military
capabilities.

There are two countries in South America that, if they considered it
convenient or necessary, can advance in a plan for military development
of nuclear power: Argentina and, following closely, Brazil.

Chávez wants to enter that club.

Why? Because though he knows that neither Venezuela nor Brazil nor
Argentina can or should or may find it useful to develop atomic weaponry
by themselves, he is always thinking in Bolivarian terms (that is, in
the concrete terms of a united mass of Latin Americans or at the very
least of South Americans). A united South (or Latin) America might find
it more interesting to develop its own nuclear weapons.

I guess Chávez doesn´t want to be out of the task, if the moment comes.