[Marxism] Query on British historiography

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:44:51 MDT 2009

Paddy Apling wrote: "Bringing the Bengal famine into the argument is a
red herring. British
communists - and indeed the working class movement in Britain generally,
were active throughout the war - and before - in promoting the
anti-colonial struggle; but all direct contact with Marxists in India were
effectively impossible during the war - though the representative of the
Indian Congress, Krishna Menon, was speaker at many many public meetings
organised during the war - and many on the left were advocating the handing
over of power before the end of the war."

This remark is not only philistine:  It suggests that Comrade Apling
is an ignoramus.  As a general rule, you should keep mum concerning
matters such that your knowledge is that of a dilettante.

I apologize to the comrades for my outburst, but it was impossible to
allow such a remark to pass.

epoliticus

--
"In the tender annals of Political Economy, the idyllic reigns from
time immemorial ... the present year of course always excepted."

http://epoliticus.wordpress.com/