[Marxism] "WW2": interimperialist war to redivide the world

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Sep 21 01:13:53 MDT 2009

Néstor Gorojovsky (nmgoro at gmail.com) wrote on 2009-09-20 at 19:10:43 in
about Re: [Marxism] "WW2": interimperialist war to redivide the world:

> I think that, in a general perspective, both Lüko and DWalters are right.
>
> Because whoever won the dispute over the redistribution would herald
> the war against the Soviet Union. Both things were the same thing.

  For Hitler it was a question of phases. Besides his central programmatic
slogan "Germany must be world power, or it will not be", he had explained in
great lengths in discussing the war 1914-18 that Germany has only two
options to wage war: "against England with Russia", or "with Russia against
England".

  He vacillated till the last moment which war he would wage and win first to
then take up the second one. He finally found it very convenient to struck a
deal with Stalin, so that the USSR would secure his back, deliver raw
materials and provide a trade route with the Far East, while Hitler could
attack in the West. Well, in the end he could not avoid the geographical
position of Germany in the middle of Europe, and that the USA could not
tolerate the rise of a competitor for world domination, and for the unrestricted
access to the British Empire for the US industry.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany