[Marxism] "WW2": interimperialist war to redivide the world,

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Sep 21 01:22:44 MDT 2009

nada (dwaltersMIA at gmail.com) wrote on 2009-09-20 at 16:54:15 in  about Re:
[Marxism] "WW2": interimperialist war to redivide the world,:

> I wasn't talking about 1945. I was talking about 1942, 43 and 44. US
> involvement (or anyones involvement) wasn't a mechanical placement of
> troops or "reoccupation". "No US Aid to the Philippines" (no one raised
> this in any event, it would of been stupid) I asked because the US was
> involved every minute, including with those same Huk communist
> guerrillas and the larger nationalist movement against the Japanese
> occupation. US was engaged in active support or the armed struggle
> against the Japanese in the Philippines from logistics, to special
> operations, to supplies, etc etc...

   I don't know if and to what extent this happened, but as with the US siding
with the Chinese forces opposed against the Japanese conquest of China, it
was, as you said:

> all part, and parcel, of the US imperialist war effort in the Philippines.

  They did it for their own purposes.

> From the UK supplying arms to Yugoslav partisans to complete
> integration of western Europe's resistances movements with
> Allied military maneuvers; to the support to the USSR by the Allies.

  Well, reminds me of the word, I think by Lenin, to give support like the rope
supports the hanged.

  Anyway, one thing is to maneuver within this inter-imperialist war for
redivision of the world, and the other is to use this as a pretext for giving
general political support for the imperialist war effort, as the
socialdemocratic and stalinist misleaders of the working class movement did
and still do, reflected in this forum most strongly from Paddy Apling as the
voice from the past.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany