[Marxism] Juan Cole on Ahmadinejad's latest speech on the holocaust

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:16:15 MDT 2009

I checked Juan Cole's site first thing after reading the Times account
to see if once again Ahmedinejad had been mistranslated. I checked it
again after Louis posted this link and it's been updated. Cole is
still furious at him but has modified some of his earlier conclusions.
On a directly related note: the mainstream media is claiming his
opponents were chanting "Not Gaza, Not Lebanon, We Will Die for Iran,"
at the Al Quds Day protests. To chant that at all, and especially on
Al Quds Day, is so deeply reactionary. And I'm sure some will say,
with some justification, that it's akin to the way citizens of
Stalinist states began to resent their regimes' official
anti-imperialism. But explaining reactionary behavior doesn't make it
any less so.