[Marxism] "WW2": interimperialist war to redivide the world,

Nestor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:53:07 MDT 2009

Ian Pace escribió:

[quoting me]

>> I am not _that_ sure of this. The "final solution" was linked to the
>> decission to wage a total war on two fronts, it was in a sense a result
>> of desperation. If Hitler had managed to strike an agreement with the
>> West to fight against Moscow together, then it would not be impossible
>> that the German bourgeoisie had managed to replace the Nazis with a more
>> sensible political group... and carry on the anti-Bolshevik parcel of
>> her programme without mass murdering Jews, Gypsies or homosexuals.
>>
> Whilst the Final Solution was not, I believe, absolutely inevitable until
> around 1941, I do feel the above tends to underplay the centrality of
> anti-semitism (and anti-Gypsyism, anti-gayness, etc.) to Nazi ideology.

I would be the last guy on Earth to underplay the centrality of
anti-semitism, etc., to Nazi ideology. Half my family was turned into
thin hot air due to that centrality. But I would not underplay the
centrality of political wisdom in the general political framework of the
German bourgeoisie, which is the reason why I suggest that they would
have discarded the Nazis if they had only been given a chance to strike
Eastwards together with their Western counterparts.

Of course, all of this is pipe dreaming. What happened, happened.
Period. The single reason why I suggested a "what if" scenario was that
I wanted to stress that anti-semitism, though central to the Nazis, is
NOT central to imperialism.