[Marxism] Character of Assembly Line Work

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:10:16 MDT 2009

I would add that the "contemplative" mood described below is of itself
a most demanding job, because it requires full attention of the worker
to a most boring process, and diminishes the worker´s abilities to the
single ability of pushing buttons. It would be funny if it wasn´t
tragic, to stress that the transformation of human beings into things
has advanced so deep they are looked on as a lack of effort. Physical
effort is only a crude form of the general process of alienation.
Lukács had written some most interesting things on this, harping (but
finely tuned) on Marx´s great job on alienation, commodity fetishism,
etc.

--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría