[Marxism] It's Judith Milller time again

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Sep 27 09:27:16 MDT 2009

Marv Gandall wrote:
> If you can, see the wicked (and very topical) British satire "In the Loop"
> about the buildup to the Iraq war, as we did yesterday. Already reviewed by
> you, Louis?
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/19/movies/19lyal.html?_r=1&ref=movies

Despite what you might have read in the over-hyped reviews for “In the
Loop”, this is not a satire on the build-up to any war in the Middle
East, including the one that began in 2003. It is instead a commentary
on the back-stabbing behavior of high-powered governmental functionaries
in the U.S. and Great Britain that throughout its 106 minutes contains
not a single political conversation.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/in-the-loop-hurt-locker/