[Marxism] Michael Moore interview with Bill Maher

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 27 19:04:41 MDT 2009

It's not a moral question-- "Can [is it proper for] markets to be used--
it's a historical question-- what makes use of the markets necessary?  Why
would markets be restored, and what social forces are at work that call the
markets into being and are, in turn, reinforced by the market reproduction?

And when we search through that lens, we will find 1) overall decline in
industrial productivity 2) inability to transform and sustain agricultural
productivity beyond either the "subsistence +" or the wasteful collective
farm/state farm models.

Restoration of markets is a step backwards as it measure the insufficient
development of the means of production, and the producers, to accomplish
production for use, for need, rather than exchange.  Might be necessary, but
it doesn't change the direction of the step.