[Marxism] Calls needed! URGENT! Keep Jeff Bartos Free and All G20 Protestors!!

Christopher Hutchinson christopher.hutch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 22:24:39 MDT 2009

Open Letter to the Movement from CT Students Against the War
Keep Jeff Bartos Free! Support the IVAW! Defend Free Speech!

As many have heard, CT Students Against the War member, CT Iraq Veterans
Against the War treasurer and former Army Sgt. Jeff Bartos was arrested last
week at G20 protests while attending to the medical needs of a reporter that
had been teargassed by police. After hearing of this arrest, the antiwar
movement managed to flood the Allegheny County Jail with enough phone calls
engineer his release. Jeff will return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to plead
'not
guilty' to charges of disorderly conduct and failure to disperse.
Several CT-SAW members will be accompanying Jeff back down to Pittsburgh for
his court date. Until then, however, we need to make sure we put enough
pressure on the Pittsburgh court system that they will have no other choice
but
to hear our demands. CT-SAW is calling for a 36hr call-in campaign to the
city
offices below to demand all charges against Jeff and all other G20
protesters
be dropped. In addition, we are encouraging all supporters of civil
liberties
in the Pittsburgh area to rally in front of the court house Wednesday
morning
before and during Jeff's 8am hearing.  We also encourage all to attend the
national united marches on October 17, demanding an end to the Iraq and
Afghanistan wars and occupations.
The police brutality used last week against protesters, bystanders,
students,
reporters, medics and veterans is unacceptable. We call for everyone to join
in
solidarity for those prosecuted for standing against the G20 and its
policies.
Connecticut students stand side by side with all the victims of the G20,
from
those who have been terrorized by their economic policies to those who have
been attacked by their police protectors.
In solidarity,
CT Students Against the War

Pittsburgh Municipal Court
Municipal Courts Building, First Floor
660 First Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Open 8:30am-4:30pm
feedback at alleghenycourts.us
main line: 412.350.6715
court reporter's office: 412.350.5414
Magisterial District Judge Courts: 412.350.5485
chief clerk's office: 412.350.5525
court arraignment office: 412.350.5290
pretrial services: 412.350.4732
pretrial supervision: 412.350.4735
summery appeals: 412.350.6823

Allegheny County District Attorney
feedback at da.allegheny.pa.us
Stephen A. Zappala, Jr, District Attorney: 412.350.4400
Appeals Division: 412.350.4377
Area Prosecution: 412.350.4402
General Trial: 412.350.5656
Pre-trial Division: 412.350.4175

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's Office
Room 512, City-County Building 414 Grant Street Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412-255-2626. Fax: 412-255-2687
City Council
Phone: 412-255-2142