[Marxism] Chavez was right [was: RE: Chávez and Holocaust indifference]

Mina Khanlarzadeh mina.khanlar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 22:27:52 MDT 2009

No one in Iran calls it a Twitter Revolution except a bunch of English
language mainstream media journalists. In fact they started calling it
Twitter Revolution because the Iranian government kicked out all the foreign
journalists and arrested many Iranian ones, and then the corporate media
journalists had to get their news from Twitter.
Many people who protest in the streets of Iran and risk or even sacrifice
their lives and freedom are members of the working class, the unemployed,
the poor students or the under-educated; these are people who don't know how
to use Twitter. So we, the Iranians, do not believe that this is a Twitter
Revolution.
Ahmadinejad's administration has arrested thousands of people and forced
some of them to confess. They have used torture and even rape against the
prisoners. About 100 have been killed. The family of the killed in most
cases could not even hold a funeral or had to do it very quietly. I am sure
you don't know Farsi, if you knew I would ask you to read about Kahrizak
prison. That would tell you the whole story.

Can Chavez justify his congratulatory letter to Ahmadinejad and his trip to
Iran in the middle of murder, torture and imprisonment of the inoccent
people by referring to Fox news' ignorance of the situation in Iraq and
Afghanistan? My answer is No. Chavez showed himself to be as opportunistic
and profiteering as an immoral capitalist politician. Now I might like some
of his comments or appreciate his and Ahmadinejad's taste for calling their
co-manufactured car anti-imperialist but that doesn't mean I can forget the
pain of the mothers of Sohran Erabi, Neda Soltan, Taraneh Mousavi, Ashkan
Sohrabi, Amir Javadifar, Kianoush Asa and many others who were killed and
who apparently mean nothing to Chavez.
Please let me know your source of 99% don't have access to internet,  that
sounds so wrong to me.