[Marxism] Bonapartism [Re: Chavez was right [was: RE: Chávez and Holocaust indifference]]

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 07:18:55 MDT 2009

More nonsense from the man who thinks the Shah was participating in an
anti-imperialist cartel attempting to break the oil majors.

I'm "throwing out" nothing.  I've already proposed the origin, the reason,
for Bonapartism in the necessity to bring the revolution to an end, or to
pre-empt it.

At the same time, I would love to see your analysis, your "recognition of
the economic, material conditions"  that lead to Bonapartism.  Would love to
see you establish the link between Bonapartism and "the oppressed nation
whose economic tissue has been prevented from developing by neocolonialist
exploitation."   How about you try, for example, Brazil?

Too difficult?   OK, how about Mexico?  That should be easier.  Show us 1)
how the economic tissue of Mexico has been prevented from developing by
neo-colonialist [which I guess means advanced capitalist] exploitation, as
opposed to say, the inhibition of development being the product, the legacy,
of 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th century  Spanish monarcho-mercantile exploitation,
to which advanced capitalism adapted itself, and adapted to itself AND 2)
how the neo-colonialist exploitation, as opposed to, say, the pre-existing
relations between city and countryside, the already existing relations of
agricultural production, relations advanced capitalism could not overturn or
revolutionize, created the conditions for the mini-Bonapartism of Obregon,
of Calles.