[Marxism] Bonapartism [Re: Chavez was right [was: RE: Chávez and Holocaust indifference]]

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 09:44:28 MDT 2009

Yes, I understand that you will gladly accept your place in queue of those
lining up to support mini-Bonapartes, those min-Bonapartes proclaiming their
willingness to struggle against imperialism, [even if, as history more than
once shows, that struggle is more than less sound and fury signifying next
to nothing].

I understood your position from the outset of the discussion.  I know that
you will gladly support-- not DEFEND against imperialist attack as all would
or should defend Iraq from imperialist attack, would or should have defended
Iraq from sanctions after the first Gulf War, would or should defend
Argentina from British attack in the Malvinas-- but support, endorse the
policies of, suppress criticism of, the little man of the big horse.

This isn't about "choice."  This isn't about the "masses" choosing the
little man or the big horse.  It's about historical necessity, class
struggle, and what necessity the little man and his big horse serve.