[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Sep 29 12:13:35 MDT 2009

S. Artesian wrote:
> Believe me, I'm not trying to provoke you.  I get no pleasure out of your
> histrionics.  I do think your views are absolutely anti-thetical to Marxism;

As a reminder, we should avoid formulations like "antithetical to
Marxism" here. You are of course permitted to hold such views about
other comrades, but should refrain from voicing them publicly. It is
best to simply present your views without trying to characterize your
ideological adversary. Finally, it seems to me that Nestor and Sartesian
have debated these points many times in the past with neither comrade
budging an inch. Debates tend to be more fruitful here when there is
give-and-take, admitting that the outlook for this being rather dim when
the participants have been veterans of 30 years or more of hard-line
polemics.