[Marxism] [lbo-talk] Polanski

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 30 09:41:05 MDT 2009

Who's siding with anybody?  I don't care what the Swiss govt. does, or what
the US govt. does.  Don't care if he's extradited, serves time, or wanders
the world free and easy for the rest of his days.

He's a child rapist.  That's all there is to this.  I don't advocate putting
Polanski in prison.

At the same time, should the victim, or should her parents, or close
relatives, blow Polanski's brains out in the street (as I most certainly
would have done should he have raped either of my daughters),  I 1) wouldn't
care  2) wouldn't feel a bit of sympathy for Polanski or mourn the loss of a
"great artist" 3) wouldn't advocate putting Polanski's victim, or parents in
prison.

I would however contribute to her/their legal defense-- as opposed to
Polanski's.