[Marxism] Contra Polanski

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 30 10:36:50 MDT 2009

Not much Marxism in that Pierre, I'm sorry to say, since none of the
trepidation about Polanski serving time would have been expressed if this
had been just any old thug committing any old rape and then fleeing
prosecution.  You think Costa-Gavras and Woody Allen would be signing
petitions in those circumstances?

And mayber there, in that, is all the Marxism we need.  This, the swirl
around Polanski, is a swirl because he's wealthy, he has wealthy friends,
he's a member of an elite.

As for "unhealthy resentment,"  you think maybe the victim might have a
little resentment?

Polanski isn't being scapegoated at all, and hardly demonized-- he's been
hailed, courted, catered to for years.  Even now the issue isn't the attack
on the young girl, but whether it is proper to inflict the "ghosts of the
past on an aging artist"?

On that level, like I said before, I don't give a rat's ass what happens to
him, but he is what he is.

This is an incident with zero social importance.