[Marxism] Stalinism and Bakuninism (was: Earliest use of word "Stalinism"?)

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:37:39 MDT 2010

Please, Greg, don´t hurry at conclusions.

I, for one, _do_  understand the basic idea that

>>  the gangsterism of a petty bourgeois layer detached from a real unity with
>> the working classes, the strong-arm tactics against political opponents and
>> the mistrust against the working class as such which has to be commanded
>> but not led, all this

which according to Lüko (and IMHO not without strong reason) "is first
found in Bakunin and his followers", etc., nurtures strong "stalinist"
tendencies (even though they don´t bear the name). I am portraying
some of today´s politicians of the Left (even of my own generic
current) who would fit that description and I would easily imagine
leading a police state against (and at the same time on behalf of) the
working class in the hypotesis of a workers state developing in Arg in
the near future.

>>   This insight came me after reading Martín Koppel's pamphlet "Peru's
>> Shining Path - Anatomy of a reactionary sect", published in 1993 by
>> Pathfinder Press (Spanish as "Sendero Luminoso - Evolución de una secta
>> estalinista" in 1994 <http://www.pathfinderpress.com/s.nl/it.A/id.599/.f>).
>>
>>   This Bakuninism is quite different from what we know as Anarchism today,
>> in which individualism plays a central role, and where groups end up by all of
>> them hanging out shingle or starting a business on their own.

As to Sendero, their historic and political role (we are not talking
about their idealist heroism) was as nefarious as anything can be.

--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría