[Marxism] Stand By Me...

David Thorstad binesi at gvtel.com
Sun Aug 1 15:37:25 MDT 2010

This performance/video is pleasant and feel-goody, and I enjoyed it.
Google this and you will find endless pages (it appears: I only went
through page 12 and gave up) of links to versions of the song on
YouTube, but nothing on the song itself, the motivation behind it, the
politics of it--nothing.
     To me, that made it appear to be little more than liberal wishful
thinking. How does it differ from the vacuous sentiments of the "We Are
the World" non-icon, which it appears to be copying? I don't see how it
"confirms the best and most basic good in the nature of humanity,"
though I suppose saying so makes me the Grinch who stole Xmas.
David

Bonnie Weinstein wrote:

Sometimes there are things so beautiful it takes your breath away and
confirms the best and most basic good in the nature of
humanity...Bonnie Weinstein
Stand By Me | Playing For Change | Song Around the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM&feature=player_embedded
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM&feature=player_embedded>