[Marxism] : anticommunist lie

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sun Aug 1 21:30:23 MDT 2010

Grpver Furr responded to "Mr. Mage":
There was no "Stalinshchina". You are repeating right-wing anticommunist
lies.

Louis wrote:
I might have to throw some people off the list to put an end to this
kind of nonsense.

Fred Feldman comments
It might seem more fair-minded to Louis to throw four or five people off the
list, rather than just deal with the way Furr has bbeen functioning since he
first appeared on the list. But I think that would be wrong. Grover shows no
interest at all in any of the questions that get debated on the list.  His
interest is only in the Stalin-Trotsky questions, and that from a point of
view that is quite outside established historical fact, not to mention
totally alien to the curvature of space-time in the known universe.

And while I have no desire to rehash these questions, I do not like being
sort of backed into pretending, for the sake of politeness or to avoid
unnecessary debates, that the question of the Moscow Trials and whether
Trotsky was a spy for Japan is really just a big question mark that has in
no way been resolved in the last 75 years.

The issues Furr raises are ones that the moving finger of history has
written about and moved on. I think we should move on with it, without
unwriting the broad general conclusions that have been reached among very,
very broad, and far from exclusively Trotskyist radical layers..

Furr continually wheedles and baits to draw us into those debates about
settled matters, and that role is nothing but disruptive. I think he should
be told to limit himself entirely to other subjects -- so far he has no
other subject --or find someplace else to sell his wares.
Fred Feldman