[Marxism] Lord of the Flies

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 08:56:15 MDT 2010

I agree with Louis as I did with Gary. BUT, when the liberal editors say:

> "Yet, albeit inadvertently, the girl was making an important
> point. She is not solely to blame for her appalling behaviour.
> Morality is more a matter of custom, habit and the constraints of
> circumstance than we care to acknowledge. When those all break
> down, Lord Of The Flies is never far away."
... "custom, habit and the constraints of circumstance" are not the
same as human nature. So again, these editors are making an
embarrassing if unintentional admission that THEIR system and THEIR
culture are inadequate to bring out the best or restrain the worst in
human nature, even aside from whether there is such an inherent thing.